Such a moreish meal – you won’t be able to stop eating. The dressing pretty much works with anything – fish, veg, meat – so it’s a great one to learn.
1 hr 30 mins
1 whole chicken
1 large lettuce – your choice!
1 red chilli
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C fan (190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5).
2. Place the chicken in a roasting pan, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the hot oven to cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
3. Toast a large handful of sesame seeds in a dry frying pan (skillet). Set aside.
4. Get a peeler: halve the courgettes and peel off the skin, and then peel them into ribbons.
5. Halve the cucumber and peel off the skin, and then shred into ribbons. When you get to the watery core, turn it and peel the other side: you don’t want the watery bit. Place the ribbons in the salad bowl.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven. Carve it, shred the meat and throw it into the salad bowl.
7. Add a chopped lettuce, the toasted sesame seeds (leave a few to garnish), a handful of chopped coriander (leave some to garnish) and a sliced chilli to the salad bowl. Grate a 2-inch piece of peeled ginger. Squeeze in the juice of a lime and pour in 4–5 tablespoons of soy sauce and 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
8. Mix everything together. Scatter the leftover sesame seeds and coriander leaves on top and serve!
View this post on Instagram
Everyone keeps asking something – why is a book filled with recipes for under a tenner selling for £10.49 on Amazon? Valid question. Amazon pushes the prices down. So it’s actually meant to retail at £14.99. We decided to go for the slight higher price point because we we determined to make the book really special. Hardback. Beautifully designed. Something all students, young professionals and families can be proud of. An affordable cooking bible. Not something that looks tacky and shoddy. In order to do that we had to charge a little bit more. But I promise it is worth it. Hope this explains it! Pre order in bio!#mobkitchen