On this cold Friday morning we all need a little bit of pure happiness to warm us up. Enter Truffle, the pupper who is so excited to see snow for the first time it will fill your cold dark heart with joy, sparkles and glitter. You go, Truffle.
What happens when your dog experiences snow for the first time ever pic.twitter.com/qYwe1Q4RdO
— Jo Ellery (@elleryface) November 30, 2017
How great are dogs? What did we do to deserve dogs? Cute little button noses, smiling faces and the ability to make any situation bearable, dogs are amazing. A true gift, they’re also pretty interesting creatures.
- There’s nothing more adorable than when a fuzzy dog is slumbering. When dogs sleep they curl themselves up because of an age-old instinct to keep warm and protect their vital organs when they sleep. So cute. So smart.
- Quite a lot of traits dogs have can be traced back to their wilder ancestors. Dogs spin in a circle before settling down to make themselves feel at home. Snuggle time.
- Dogs are so fab that even the people of Cormorant, Minnesota have elected a dog as their mayor.
- Folks across the pond are partial to a pupper and are especially big fans of Labradors.
- The USA is also the country with the highest number of pet dogs. There are approximately 75 million pet dogs in America. Land of the free and home of the doggo.
- It’s true what they say – dogs really are our best friends. They also get jealous if they see their human showing affection towards something or someone else.
- Bloodhounds are known for their impeccable sense of smell. Did you know they can trace a scent that is over 300 hours old? Now you do.
- There are some pretty clever doggos out there too. A service dog named Kirsch has received an honorary master’s degree in mental health counselling because he attended all his owner’s classes. Who’s a good boy?
- Just like cats, dogs can have pretty smelly feet. This is because their sweat glands are in their paws.
- Dogs are pretty great all-round but they’re also good for our health. Sitting petting a pup can help to reduce blood pressure and help us relax. Love ALL the dogs.